Alistair is the head of the dispute resolution department of the firm and is experienced in handling a range of disputes for both companies and private individuals in the Court of Appeal, High Court, County Court, Employment Tribunal and First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). He also regularly advises on commercial and employment law. Alistair is also an accredited mediator, and accepts instructions to act as mediator on a wide range of disputes (for more information, see mediation).
Alistair joined Woodfords in 2007, having previously worked in the property department of Clifford Chance. He became a partner in 2014.
Recent work highlights
- Representing a currency trader in a High Court action and subsequent successful appeal to the Court of Appeal regarding the status of a ‘loan’ made to him upon starting employment (Bou-Simon v BGC Brokers LP  EWCA Civ 1525
- Representing a commercial tenant in successfully defending a forfeiture claim brought by his landlord
- Representing employees bringing whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claims in the employment tribunal against a global engineering company
- Acting on the sale of a CD and vinyl manufacturing broker business
- Representing a property owner in a claim against the supplier of defective structural beams
- Acting for the buyer of a restaurant franchise business
What Alistair’s clients say
“I have been using Woodfords for many years in particular Alistair Wells. Alistair is an exceptional solicitor who deals with all my commercial matters. I would highly recommend Alistair and his colleagues at Woodfords.”
“In February 2018, I found myself requiring urgent legal advice for an employment matter. Having had a good experience with Woodfords who acted on behalf of my late Aunt I contacted them again and was connected with their employment specialist Alistair Wells immediately. Alistair's responsiveness, humility and expert knowledge were second to none. It was exactly the response I needed at that time and it helped me to a great conclusion with my legal matters. I cannot recommend Alistair and the wider time at Woodfords highly enough - experts in their field but with a very human touch, which is invaluable when dealing with challenging or stressful situations. Despite living in a different city, they will be on the top of my list for any future assistance.”
“Alistair has been assisting recently on a dispute resolution matter. He is on the ball, and has a fine feel for the tactics and approach.”