Mediation is an effective and increasingly popular form of dispute resolution. For general information about mediation see Why Mediate?.
Alistair Wells is an accredited mediator and accepts instructions to act as mediator on a range of disputes, including:
- General commercial/contractual
- Professional Negligence
- Neighbour disputes
Alistair has nine years experience in handling and resolving a range of disputes for both companies and private individuals in his capacity as a litigation solicitor. He joined Woodfords in 2007, having previously worked in the property department of a ‘magic circle’ city firm, and qualified with the firm in 2009. He became a partner in 2014 and is head of the dispute resolution department of the firm. He has acted for clients in more than 400 disputes, including cases in the High Court, County Court, Employment Tribunal and First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). His recent cases include:
- A £9m undue influence/breach of trust/ fraud casein the High Court involving property transactions over a 30 year period
- Claims for professional negligence brought against a firm of financial advisers
- A commercial/contractual dispute relating to the manufacture of CDs.
- A £1.2m construction dispute relating to the construction of an office block in central London
- A dispute regarding the proceeds of sale of a residential property in Fulham held on trust
- A dispute regarding the use of a right of way
In the course of his practice, Alistair has represented a number of our clients in mediation, which in the majority of cases has resulted in an acceptable settlement being reached, either at mediation or shortly afterwards.
His experience as a litigator and negotiator commercial awareness, and understanding of the litigation process are invaluable to his practice as a mediator, enabling him to quickly grasp the facts and issues of a case, to help parties to identify their own objectives and those of other parties, to consider all potential options/outcomes and to move towards an acceptable and sustainable settlement.
If you would like more information, or are interested in instructing Alistair as a mediator, please contact Alistair Wells directly by email or telephone on 020 7731 0750 to discuss how we can assist.