Claire is the head of the dispute resolution department of the firm and is experienced in handling a range of disputes for both companies and private individuals in the Court of Appeal, High Court, County Court. Claire has over 18 years’ experience in dispute resolution and assists clients on a broad range of contentious matters, including commercial contract disputes, partnership and company disputes and financial services disputes. Claire also acts for property management companies and claims involving property and building contracts.
Claire joined Woodfords in 2016 having begun her legal career with Herbert Smith (now Herbert Smith Freehills) before spending 14 years as an associate solicitor at DAC Beachcroft. There she was responsible for leading high-value commercial insurance litigation in the High Court and test cases in the Court of Appeal.
Claire is the chair of Hammersmith & Fulham Citizens Advice.
Claire is also the complaints handling partner.
Recent work highlights
- Representing a partner to achieve a successful resolution of a complex partnership dispute in the High Court involving a high value property portfolio, including recovery of fraudulently acquired assets
- Successful high court claim against a UK police force for injunctive relief and then return of high value assets for a non UK resident
- Retained legal advisor for a property management company. Providing insurance coverage advice to enable them to seek recovery of insurance premiums for commercial units, eviction of live-in caretaker and breach of contract disputes
- Acting for an internet payment gateway company concerning a complex breach of contract and shareholder dispute
- Acting for a property development company in a claim brought by the NHBC including extent of NHBC cover and the enforceability of an indemnity guarantee
- Advising a corporate client on insurance policy coverage dispute for defective goods, and advice on redrafting insurance policy terms with broker
What Claire’s clients say
“Not knowing Woodfords when we initially instructed them, I found Claire Larnder and her colleagues to be truly professional throughout our case and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if needed.”