Jane is head of our probate department and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Jane trained with a leading Chancery Lane Practice and worked for Ashurst in the City as a private practice solicitor before joining Woodfords in 2014.
Jane deals with a wide range of private client matters but predominantly probate, estate administration, family trusts and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Recent work highlights
- Probate and intestacy grant applications including in respect of non-domiciled deceased and foreign attorney applicants
- Dealing with HMRC and the District Valuation Agency regarding enquiries into taxable estates regarding business property relief, agricultural property relief, residence nil rate band claims, lifetime gifts and family loans
- Advising on the implementation of will trusts including trusts for bereaved minors, 18-25 trusts and disabled persons interests
- Advising on dependent pension claims and DWP enquiries
- Dealing with income tax and CGT matters for complex estates
- Instructing overseas lawyers to obtain probate in foreign jurisdictions
- Instructing genealogists
- advice on and draft of Deeds of variation and Deeds of Appointment
- lifetime gift advice
- Drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney for Health and Welfare and Property and Financial Affairs
- Deputy Applications to the Court of Protection
- trustee appointments and removal
What Jane’s clients say
“I would like to thank you for your time and effort in helping my family with this case. Being abroad is not easy dealing with matters like this and you have made the ride much smoother.”
“As the administration is now complete, I would like to thank you on behalf of * and myself for your assistance and hard work throughout this case. The information provided and the answers to my questions have always been clear and concise, and I can say with all honesty that my experience with Woodfords has been a positive one. I would have no hesitation in recommending your services to others.”
“I cannot thank you enough for all your work, advice, patience and understanding at what has been the most difficult of times. We could not have hoped for a more capable person to handle the situation and I will always be hugely grateful for all you have done over the past months.”
“Thank you so very much for all your hard work, attention to detail and tolerance with all our family foibles.”