Madeleine’s main focus is on commercial property and landlord and tenant work, acting for either landlord or tenant and specialising in all aspects of portfolio management, lease renewals, acquisitions, financing and disposals of leasehold and freehold property and changes of use.
Madeleine also deals with the property aspects of corporate transactions, as well as residential sales and purchases and mortgages, and has experience in the retail, office, warehouse, and food and beverage arena.
Madeleine joined Woodfords in 2017, having previously worked as a solicitor at Bird & Bird, Herbert Smith Freehills and Ince & Co.
Recent work highlights
- Acting for the landlord of a historic Thames-side wharf development, including the creation of head offices for an international hairdressing brand, residential lease structuring, food and beverage lettings and office lettings
- Sale of a family restaurant in Putney
- Acquisition of an iconic Hackney pub
- Acting for the trust of an English Heritage property in relation to letting offices, the creation of a tenants’ handbook, works within the Listed Building regime, the modernisation of document suites and the creation of bespoke documents for unusual occupiers such as an archaeological group and forest school
- Acquisition of a residential property and planning permission for conversion to a nursery