Richard is the head of the Woodfords property department. His expertise in this area is extensive, encompassing residential and commercial transactions of all types, including: property sales and purchases and assignments; grant of new leases; lease extensions; licences for alterations or other consents required under freehold or leasehold property; development-site acquisition and finance; and Help to Buy sales and purchases.
Richard also advises on claims under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993, both for freehold and leasehold acquisitions, acting for both landlord and tenant, as well as advising landlords, tenants and agents on granting or terminating short-term tenancies and the legal requirements surrounding those relationships.
In his capacity as partner in our licensing department, Richard advises businesses and individuals on the grant of personal and premises licences under the Licensing Act 2003, as well as temporary event notices.
Richard joined Woodfords in 2004 having previously worked in the City. He became partner in 2010.
Recent work highlights
- Acquisition of a site in London and negotiation and grant of airspace lease. Subsequent disposal of all eight newly built flats after completion of development
- Acting for a well-known London estate agency in the management of their property estate portfolio, including lease renewals, rent reviews and site disposal
- Acting on the collective acquisition of Prime Central London property for collective tenants following right to manage application and subsequent lease extensions to all participants tenants following enfranchisement
- Advising on acquisitions and lease extensions within the Central London landed estates
- Advising a chain of restaurants regarding Licensing Act requirements
What Richard’s clients say
“All the best recommendations come via word of mouth and it is such a way that we were introduced to Richard and Kealy at Woodfords Solicitors. From the very first phone call we knew we were in good hands. Richard and Kealy are a superb team, extremely approachable and professional and meticulously thorough. They made what became a rather complex transaction extremely easy for us and held our hand every step of the way over the finish line. With thanks to their superb advice and attention to detail and tenacity we secured our perfect family home. We cannot recommend them enough.”