An immigration solicitor with nearly 15 years’ experience, Tharwat joined Woodfords in 2013 and became a partner in 2018. She established our immigration department, covering both corporate and private immigration. Tharwat also undertakes family work and advises her clients on property matters.
As head of the immigration department, Tharwat deals with a broad array of clients from all over the globe including the Middle East, China and Russia, assisting with all manner of immigration issues from sponsoring and hiring migrants to citizenship and nationality law and visas.
She is a fluent Arabic speaker and her extensive experience has enabled her to provide her clients with bespoke advice in accordance with their individual needs.
Recent work highlights
- Acted on a complicated Tier 1 visa, with the visa being approved
- Successfully represented a family with their Tier 1 (investor) Administrative review following a refusal
- Helped a couple have their marriage visa application approved, despite previous advice that their application would be unsuccessful
- Represented a family of four who were in the UK for over 12 years with no legal status and no leave to remain, following several refusals. The family was successfully granted leave to remain
- Helped three applicants obtain British citizenship following previous refusals
- Secured passports for two overseas children despite the complicated nature of their applications
- Helped a vulnerable client successfully appeal a Home Office refusal for leave to remain
- Reached a positive outcome for a client with a complex child arrangement order
- Acted successfully on behalf of a client in relation to a child habitual residence and jurisdiction matter
What Tharwat’s clients say
“Thanks to the great team of Woodford Solicitors, my wife arrived in the UK and we had our first baby last month. Special thanks to Tharwat and Jeremy who were very supportive, sympathetic and professional throughout the process.”